Instructions for Use
- The DHP gives a Dentist the option of a single-patient-use disposable high-speed handpiece with optimum performance, first time, every time! Standard metallic handpieces may require routine maintenance to perform properly and withstand the rigors of multiple sterilization cycles. The DHP does not. The light transmission of a standard metallic handpieces may degrade over time. The DHP’s light output is “new” every use.
- No more increasingly noisy, worn out bearings and breakdowns The DHP is a reliable substitute when one or more of your standard metallic handpieces are being refurbished.
- The Azenic DHP will complement your infection-control protocol Safety and peace-of-mind for you, your staff, and your patient, right out of the box.
- No more bearing and turbine refurbishment cost and downtime Reduce your maintenance costs and downtime by using the DHP for routine and rigorous applications that do not require the precision of the more expensive, standard high-speed handpiece.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I insert and eject a bur?
The Azenic DHP utilizes a friction grip chuck mechanism. Insert the shank of the bur with finger pressure, then, apply pressure to the bur tip using the concave end of the purple bur-changing tool until the bur shank reaches the built-in “stop” inside the head of the handpiece. Remove the bur by pulling with two fingers, or, inserting the metal rod built into the purple bur-changing tool into the ‘hole’ located on the rear of the handpiece head and applying pressure. The chuck is built to be snug so it can withstand multiple bur changes during one patient setting.
How do I connect the DHP to my supply line?
The DHP connects to a standard Midwest style 5-hole supply line as well as most 4-hole supply lines. If you are using a quick-disconnect coupler, first remove the coupler by unthreading it to expose the standard 5-hole connection site. Then, carefully align the holes with the protrusions of the handpiece and thread the supply line on. Use caution as cross-threading the handpiece can occur creating a water leak and diminished power output. The handpiece is full seated when the threads are no longer visible. If you do not have a 5-hole supply line, or are unsure of what type of connection you have, please contact customer service at 888-347-7576.
Why isn’t the DHP operating as fast as my normal handpiece?
The DHP is a high-speed handpiece, not a low-speed and should not be connected in a hygiene operatory where the air-pressure from the delivery unit is set very low. The DHP requires an air pressure setting of 40psi to effectively operate. Please assure your air pressure is set at 40psi.
Why is the water spray abnormal?
The DHP requires the water output of the delivery unit be set at a minimum of 5psi to assure a consistent stream of water. Adjust your water output gauge accordingly.
Does the DHP have light?
The DHP utilizes an internal light rod. If light is not visible, please check your light supply box.
Is the DHP already sterilized?
Yes, every DHP is pre-sterilized and ready for patient use. Do not sterilize the DHP prior to use.
Is the DHP recyclable?
Yes it is. Azenic is finalizing a recycling option at the moment and will provide more details in the near future.
How do I order?
Azenic is proud to work with the industry’s largest dental dealers. Click to submit a contact form online and a customer service representative will direct you to a dealer in your area to place your order.
Testing shows 30% Greater Cutting Efficiency and 15% More Power than leading competitor.
Extensive clinical testing has generated technical performance data demonstrating the Azenic DHP’s equivalent performance specifications in comparison to industry leading metal handpieces as shown below:
- “Handpiece is lightweight and disposable.”
- “Torque was great.”
- “No maintenance required.”
- “The handpiece seemed to have adequate torque when sectioning a third molar for extraction, and I appreciated the fact that no air was forced into the surgical site.”